Pushing the envelope with trendsetting ideas

Pushing the envelope with trendsetting ideas
Elsje Designs creates fun & functional gifts, stationery and table decor with a true South African touch

THE BUZZ

Stay in the know

with our latest designs, special offers and inspirational ideas.

If you want to receive regular eye candy, subscribe to our blog!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fabulous feedback




We have worked on a extremely stylish wedding with Jayne and Andries, getting married in Plettenberg Bay. Gina Potgieter was the stylist and coordinator, we delight in collaborating with her, as she's always got the coolest and most fashion forward ideas. This celebration was no different.... Navy blue, white and a hint of gold. The scene was set for a magical wedding with lots of contemporary elements, like the brown paper bag with gold stitching (featured here) and the monkey chandelier menu inside.
(Thanks to Nita that worked tirelessly with me on this job, and for taking this beautiful photograph.)


Dearest Elsje Team


I have been meaning to call ever since I first laid eyes on our absolutely gorgeous wedding stationary but with no signal at the venue and even less here in Madagascar, I have had to resort to email!


After our meeting, I was completely uninvolved in the whole stationary process and although I had no doubt that you and your team would do a brilliant job, I could never have anticipated the quirky, OH-SO-BEAUTIFUL stationary that arrived in Plett perfectly on time, despite the very tight deadline that you were given. Our stationary really made the decor and wowed our guests. Without it the wedding would certainly not have been the same!


The beautiful origami order of services looked stunning hanging from the Milkwood outside our ceremony venue – I loved all of the special details that you included that represented Andries and I so perfectly. It was so meaningful to be able to use my great granny’s old sewing table and the canvas seating plan with gold stitching looked perfect draping over it!


The cute images of the insects looking through the binoculars made a perfect balance of old and new – we spotted tons of photos being taken of this feature!


The menus turned out even better than I could ever have hoped – the gold foiling was sublime and I was so excited to see our monkeys hanging from the chandelier – one of my favourite images that the brilliant Gina found!


You used everything we gave you so cleverly and managed to surprise us with special extras that only a phenomenally creative team could think up! I saw many guests leaving with their adorable pop-up-place-mats tucked under their arms but am thrilled that most of the lazer-cut pieces under the cloche made it back into their boxes – I am so excited to find the perfect place for these in our home as well as for the wooden monkeys who I suspect will be living in our pot-plants on the kitchen windowsill!


Right from day one and especially during the last couple of weeks (when I had so much on my mind that I was barely able to think straight) you and your team made the stationary process an absolute breeze and one of the most fun and rewarding parts of our wedding.


You realised that we had big ideas and a small budget and managed to guide and advise us on how to get maximum impact without breaking the bank!


I will sing your praises to everyone I meet and look forward to the next excuse to have something special designed and made by Else Designs! Thank you for your energy, enthusiasm, astounding creativity and professional follow through!


With love Jayne (& monkey)

No comments: