Pushing the envelope with trendsetting ideas

Pushing the envelope with trendsetting ideas
Elsje Designs creates fun & functional gifts, stationery and table decor with a true South African touch

THE BUZZ

Stay in the know

with our latest designs, special offers and inspirational ideas.

If you want to receive regular eye candy, subscribe to our blog!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Birdies on a fence

We recently got to be the proud owners (or parents) of a flock of birds, sitting on the wire in our front garden! Designed by Green Grass, she wrote: "In a country where security is a major concern, we are kept save in harsh, jail-like homes. Every day I struggled aesthetically with this encroaching ugliness. In contrast, something I've always loved is the sight of a jaunty flock of birds lined up on a telephone wire. One day as I looked at the stark bare fence, my heart lifte as my mind's eye put just such a flock of birds on our fence. The 'birdies on a fence' make me smile and somehow having them around has aken the aesthetic 'shock' out of that fence".

1 comment:

Carin said...

I Love this, where can I get a few birdies for my fence?